Whiting Writers’ Award
Best American Essays selection
Rona Jaffe Foundation Award
Nautilus Book Award
ENJOY AMY'S WORK?
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
Amy Leach’s work has been published in A Public Space, Tin House, Orion, the Los Angeles Review, and many others. She has been recognized with the Whiting Writers’ Award, Best American Essays selections, a Rona Jaffe Foundation Award, and a Pushcart Prize. She plays bluegrass, teaches English, and lives in Montana. Things That Are is her first book.
• Read this inspiring Q&A with Amy Leach.
• Listen to the playlist that Amy Leach made for Things That Are.
• The book's illustrator, Nate Christopherson, gets into the nitty-gritty details of his work.
• See the evolution of the cover of Things That Are.
• Listen to Leach's pared-down bluegrass version of her essay “God”.
• Watch Amy read “Love-Lies-Bleeding” during an unconventional performance at Two Pony Gardens.
• Watch Amy read portions of her book on the campus of Webster University.
• Listen to Leach’s bluegrass renditions of her essays “God” and “Memorandum to The Animals”, both of which appear in Things That Are.
BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR:
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS:
Watch a book video for Amy Leach's first collection of essays, Things That Are, which features a bluegrass version of the essay "God" and illustrations by Nate Christopherson.