Milkweed Prize for Children's Literature
Minnesota Book Award Finalist
ALA Rainbow List Selection
Amelia Bloomer Project List Selection
Finalist in LGBT Children's for Lambda Literary Awards
McKnight Artist Fellowship
ENJOY MOLLY'S WORK?
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
FIND MOLLY ONLINE
Molly Beth Griffin
Molly Beth Griffin is a graduate of Hamline University’s MFA program in Writing for Children and Young Adults and a writing teacher at the Loft Literary Center. She lives in Minneapolis with her partner and young son.
• Reading Silhouette of a Sparrow for a book club or class? Keep the conversation lively with this Discussion Guide.
• In this interview, Molly Beth Griffin talks about teenage love, childhood memories, and life during the Roaring Twenties.
• Also, see what she has to say about loving (and loathing) research.
• Silhouette of a Sparrow is full of lush descriptions of Minnesota's flora and fauna. That's because Molly Beth Griffin has strong feelings about nature in books for young readers.
• Read about Molly Beth Griffin’s McKnight Artist Fellowship.