Milkweed Editions, a leading independent book publisher, seeks a Senior Publicist. Working closely with our Publisher & CEO, VP Engagement, and Marketing Director, the Senior Publicist will develop and implement promotional campaigns for all publications, and provide leadership in building the reputation of our growing organization.
- Developing and implementing publicity campaigns for all new titles
- Developing and implementing strategies to elevate our brand and reputation
- Building relationships with influencers at media outlets and cultural institutions
- Expanding relationships with influencers and podcasts
- Leading social media strategy across channels
- Leading and managing implementation of human and financial resources
Preferred skills and experience:
- At least 5-8 years of experience in book publicity
- Proven record developing and implementing expansive, creative campaigns
- Management experience
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Robust network of media contacts
- Passion for our mission, values, and publications
- Strong writing skills, including social media content
- Ability to lead, multitask, meet deadlines, and balance priorities
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, including health, dental, and 401K eligibility. Salary: $70-80K, depending on experience. This position is based in Minneapolis. We are not accepting remote applications. If you currently live outside the Twin Cities, please indicate your interest in relocation.
Submit a resume, three references, and a cover letter addressed to Yanna Demkiewicz in one combined PDF via Submittable by Wednesday, June 7, 2023. Your letter (not to exceed two pages) should express your interest in this position and how it aligns with your professional goals, as well as the skills and requirements mentioned above. No emails or phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Milkweed Editions to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a disabled veteran, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class recognized by applicable laws.