Milkweed Editions, one of the nation’s leading independent book publishers, seeks a Warehouse Associate. Our offices are located in the Open Book literary center in downtown Minneapolis. For more information, visit milkweed.org/our-story.
This person will work closely with the Sales & Operations Manager to process and fulfill direct orders, ship institutional mailings, and manage inventory in our on-site book warehouse.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating internal warehouse operations, including technology, mailing inventory, and fulfillment
- Processing and fulfilling all direct sales, including individual book sales via milkweed.org and invoicing for event and institution bulk orders
- Overseeing and shipping all mailings across the organization, including publicity and marketing sends, editorial sends, development and membership sends, as well author copies and orders
- In collaboration with the Sales & Operations Manager, receiving and processing new inventory
- Maintaining the organization of the warehouse, with an eye toward increasing efficiencies
- Providing timely and personal customer service to customers, with an eye toward fostering customer relationships and supporting direct-sale initiatives directed by Sales & Operations Manager
Ideal candidates will have experience working in fulfillment with warehouse experience preferred. Candidates must be interested in the packing and shipping of books and be able to keep up with the demands and deadlines of multiple departments. Candidates should be comfortable working alone in the warehouse. We are seeking an individual who is highly organized, driven by efficiency, and interested in the operations and logistics side of literary publishing.
Preferred skills and experience:
- 2-3 years experience working in fulfillment, warehouse experience preferred
- 3 years customer service experience, whether experience was working retail or in food service
- Must live in the Twin Cities and have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds and be on their feet for 3-5 hours at a time
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work fast-paced to meet shipping and receiving deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and care for packaging and shipping, as well as creating sales receipts and invoices
- Interest in warehouse management and upkeep
- Understanding of the current landscape of logistics and shipping
- Passion, interest in books, particularly the local literary community
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours/week at $25/hour.
Your cover letter should express your interest in this position and how it aligns with your professional and personal goals. Please also highlight how your skills, background, and experience lend themselves to working in a book warehouse with emphasis on your previous fulfillment and customer service experience. Please keep your letter to one or two pages maximum. No emails or phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Milkweed Editions to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a disabled veteran, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class recognized by applicable laws.